"Just as drinking pervades our culture, it diffused into my personality. I grew into my abuse, like the occasional tree you can find on a nature walk, its roots spilling over both sides of a boulder like outspread fingers, in spite of the rock's lack of soil, moisture, and stability. To see it only at the height of its maturity is to wonder: Why build on that?" ~ Koren Zailckas, Smashed

This blog is one of my many recovery efforts to uproot my damaged foundation and cultivate the right conditions for blossoming.

Saturday, November 3, 2012

my hometown, post-hurricane. :-(








3 comments:

  1. Holy Shit. Sending love from afar xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Devastating. But they will rebuild...Jersey folks and New Yorkers are tough, resilient and some of the most wonderful and giving people on the planet.

    Sending love and hugs from the South.

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete