"Just as drinking pervades our culture, it diffused into my personality. I grew into my abuse, like the occasional tree you can find on a nature walk, its roots spilling over both sides of a boulder like outspread fingers, in spite of the rock's lack of soil, moisture, and stability. To see it only at the height of its maturity is to wonder: Why build on that?" ~ Koren Zailckas, Smashed

This blog is one of my many recovery efforts to uproot my damaged foundation and cultivate the right conditions for blossoming.

Saturday, February 11, 2012

oh, whitney...

... may you now find true peace.  How I wish you could have found it here with us.

5 comments:

  1. I hate this disease. I know it took her. Maybe her death will scare someone(s) sober...we can pray. God bless her daughter and family :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm takiing this one hard too. Such a beautiful voice and such a presence poof! gone. Hideous disease. And whether or not she getting high at the time, she was probably heavily compromised by drug use and the body just gave out...so awful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A reminder of how serious this disease is...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a lost.She was an amazing singer.
    Just found your blog.Following it.

    Care to follow back?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, how are you? Hope things are good for you right now my New York sister!!! Still plodding along being sober or are you riding a pink cloud? I haven't had one of those for a while. do they come back? i miss that feeling i had early on in sobriety where i felt so happy and clever that i'd ditched the drink. anyway .. just popping over to say hi xxx

    ReplyDelete